Applying for Veterans Benefits

In order to receive educational benefits under the Post 9/11, Montgomery GI Bill®, Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E) or Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA) programs veterans or dependents of veterans must complete a VA Benefits application. After the application is processed the Veterans Administration Office notifies each applicant by mail whether they qualify for benefits or not.

A "Certificate of Eligibility" is sent to those students who do qualify. This certificate tells the veteran or dependent of a veteran what kind of entitlement they will receive.

Students must bring a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility to the school in order to begin receiving monthly benefit amounts.

Military Tuition Assistance

Eligible Service members need to seek approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling.

What NCTC Requires

Students using Veteran Benefits for First Time add
Students who have used Veteran Benefits Before add
Students who are Dependents of Veterans add
Students using Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E) Benefits add

Apply for VA benefits Online

Complete a Veterans Online Application. We recommend you keep a copy of your application for your records. Doing so may save you time and money!

Veteran Forms


NCTC Veteran, Veteran Readiness & Employment, and Tuition Assistance Points of Contact

Corinth, Denton, and Flower Mound Campuses:

Colleen Jacobs  940-498-6528,

Gainesville, Bowie and Graham Campuses:

Zoanna Lax  940-498-6501,