Gainesville Campus


Donation of five acres of land by William T. Bonner made the move of the main college campus from Gainesville High School to its present site possible in 1959. Subsequent acquisitions of land have increased the size of the campus to more than 132 acres. It is situated in the southwest section of Gainesville on U.S. Highway 51, about one mile from downtown.

Since 1959, NCTC's Gainesville Campus has maintained a steady program of physical growth to meet the needs of its expanding program offerings. Its physical plant is currently valued at $36.1 million. Modern facilities now in operation include a total of 21 separate buildings. In addition to classrooms, campus buildings host learning laboratories, shop facilities for technical programs, Field House, Student Activities Center, Bookstore, cafeteria, and even a Planetarium. Athletic outdoor facilities include tennis courts, intramural playing fields, and a baseball/softball field complex.

We are especially proud of our facilities for both the visual and performing arts. Our state-of-the-art First State Bank Center for the Performing Arts is one of the region's finest performance venues for drama, dance, and music. The facility also contains excellent instructional and rehearsal spaces for its programs.

The newest buildings on campus is our modern and well-equipped Industrial Technology Center where programs ranging from welding and HVAC to machining and industrial mechanics are offered and the Leo and Mabel Scott Health Science Center which offers the most authentic training possible in fields such as nursing and radiological technology.

NCTC Gainesville Campus
1525 West California Street
Gainesville, Texas 76240-4699
(940) 668-7731
Fax (940) 668-6049
www.nctc.edu