Who is Eligible for Dual Credit?
* Student must have at least junior year high school standing.
* Exceptions to this requirement for sophomore students with demonstrated outstanding academic performance, as evidenced by grade point average and TSI standards met in all areas, may be approved with written recommendation by the principal and counselor of the high school and the chief academic officer of the college.
* Student must have a minimum "B" average/GPA in high school coursework.
* Student must have the social and behavioral maturity for college level courses.
* Student must demonstrate college readiness by achieving the minimum passing standard under TSI .
* Students enrolled in private schools, charter schools, or who are home-schooled must satisfy the same eligibility standards as public school students.
* Students with prior disciplinary or
attendance problems, as defined by The Texas Education Code, section 25.92
Minimum Attendance for Class Credit, are not eligible to enroll in dual-credit