a class is done on or before the official date of record each semester.
Please note if you drop AFTER the official date of record it is no
longer considered a drop but a withdrawal. Check the Academic Calendar
for the official date of record.
To drop a course you have the option to:
- • Go online and drop the course
- • Visit the Admissions/Registrar's Office in person to fill out a drop form
- • Meet with your advisor and fill out a drop form
courses CANNOT be dropped online. You must come to the
Admissions/Registrar's Office in person to drop a remedial course. If
you are only taking one remedial course and drop this course you will
have to drop ALL your courses. You must stay in at least one of your
required remedial courses to remain in additional classes.
Withdrawing from a Course or Courses
To withdraw from a
course on or after the official date of record with a grade of ‘W’,
students will need to complete the Petition for Course Withdrawal
- If you receive financial aid please contact that department before withdrawing. Withdrawing can affect your financial aid.
- Developmental courses may NOT be withdrawn online. Students must complete a withdraw form ON CAMPUS for those courses.
- All withdrawals must be processed online, in person, faxed and/or postmarked on or before the official date of record.
- Requests need to include student ID number, full name, course
information (please include course ID and section number-example
ENGL1301 123), and a signature. If the request is not signed or does not
include all information, it may not be processed.
Admissions/Registrar's Office should receive the form via e-mail, the
form will be processed within 24 hours and the student should receive an
email confirmation that the withdrawal has been processed. If the
student does not receive an email, it is the student’s responsibility to
contact the Admission’s office for confirmation. The student is
responsible for verifying that the email was received by the
Admissions/Registrar's Office prior to the last day to withdrawal.
It is the student’s responsibility
to officially withdraw from any class they do not wish to attend.
Students who stop attending classes and who do not officially withdrawal
may be assigned a final grade of “F”.
Dual Credit Students
students must fill out the Petition to Withdrawal for Dual Credit
students form. Please have it filled out and signed completely and turn
into the admissions office at any of our locations.