Individuals interested in either the EMT-Basic or Paramedic programs must attend an Advisement Session in order to be considered for admission. Once potential EMT-Basic students have attended an Advisement Session, they will be required to complete the PAX test. The top 25 highest scores from the PAX test will be accepted into the Emergency Medical Technology Program. The top 20 highest scores from the PAX test will be accepted into the Paramedic program.
Potential students who wish to gain admission to the EMT-Basic or Paramedic Programs must complete the following:
Once accepted to the program of their choice, the student must complete the following:
- • Submit Application for Admission to NCTC with official transcripts
- • Criminal Background Check
- • Immunizations
- • Drug Screen
- • Physical
- • CPR Certification (Healthcare Provider only)
Criteria for enrolling into the EMS programs:
- • Must have a social security number.
- • Must be at 18 years old.
- • Must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- • Must have medical insurance (can be purchased through agencies that work with NCTC).