Financial Aid


Types of Financial Aid




Unlike a loan, grants do not have to be repaid unless a student reduces his/her course load, never attends class, quits attending class or withdraws from school prior to the completion of the semester. To apply for grants fill out a FAFSA application. Grants are determined by level of income.




Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Texas College Work-Study (CWS) are work programs where the student is eligible to earn up to the amount listed on his/her award letter. All jobs are located on various campus locations and pay minimum wage (currently $ 8.00 an hour).




Student loans, unlike grants and work-study, are borrowed money that must be repaid, with interest. You cannot have these loans canceled because you didn’t get a job in your field of study or due to financial difficulty; it is always wise to let your lender know of any issues you may have. Loans are legal obligations, so before you take out a student loan, think about the amount you’ll have to repay over the years.




Scholarships are grants or payments made to support a student's education, awarded on the basis of academic achievement, merit, need, classification, etc. All Scholarships are evaluated and awarded through the NCTC’s Foundation Office.


Veteran Services


Veterans of the United States armed forces may be eligible for a broad range of programs and services provided by the VA. Eligibility for most VA benefits is based upon discharge from active military service under anything other than dishonorable conditions, and certain benefits require service during wartime.




Financial Aid funds are used only to pay for your education expenses at the school that is giving you the money. Education expenses include school charges such as tuition, room and board, fees and indirect expenses such as books, supplies, equipment, dependent child care expenses, transportation and rental or purchase of a personal computer.

Financial Aid Home
Apply for Financial Aid
Types of Financial Aid
Refund Dates
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Return to Title IV
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Information